Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Tuesday Word of Inspiration

I absolutely love the passage below we are called by God to glorify His name. In the midst of our calling lay victories and treasures for us. God is so gracious that He has not left us to walk alone in the midst of trials, temptations, warnings and even praise. He has freely given us the Holy Spirit whom enables us to move about in boldness and courage so that we may accomplish all that we have been called to do.

God speaks over our lives through the word and through the Spirit; we must hold on to these prophecies and keep them before us; repeat them out loud; dwell on them in our hearts and minds allowing the very essence of the words of God to permeate our identities.


I Thessalonians 5:12-24 (NIV)

"Now we ask you, brothers to respect those who work hard among you, who are over you in the Lord and who admonish you. Hold them in the highest regard in love because of their work. Live in peace with each other. And we urge you, brothers, warn those who are idle, encourage the timid, help the weak, be patient with everyone. Make sure that nobody pays back wrong for wrong, but always try to be kind to each other and to everyone else.

Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. Do not put out the Spirit's fire; do not treat prophecies with contempt. Test everything. Hold on to the good. Avoid every kind of evil.

May God Himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. The one who calls you is faithful an he will do it."


Prayer: Father I come before you thanking you for all of Your graces and mercies. I love you for all that you have done for me and through me and will continue to do. I am so grateful for the gift of the Holy Spirit which you have given me as guidance and comfort. Strengthen me today to be led uninhibitedly by the power of the Holy Spirit. Reveal to me O Lord the truth of my surroundings and enable me to flee from the evil that I once counted as harmless. Chisel my heart and mind to your will. I surrender all to you.

Meditation: I Thessalonians 5: 19, 22 (NIV)
(19) "Do not put out the Spirit's fire;"
(22) "Avoid every kind of evil."

No comments:

Post a Comment